10 winning plays to look for in a real estate coach.
You don’t have to be a football fan to know that this is the season of the game. And whether you’re a diehard fan or not, you also know that the success of every team goes beyond the individual players. Some might even argue that the true GOAT (greatest of all time) is actually not even on the roster: it’s the coach. So, with football top of mind these days, let’s cut right to the chase of the sports analogy: why is real estate coaching so important to the success of your business?
Real estate brokerages often hire real estate coaches, also known as sales coaches, to help them achieve — and exceed — their goals. Whether it’s to jumpstart, dial up, or create an off-the-charts explosion, real estate coaching can help you succeed.
But aren’t you, as an experienced real estate broker, the ultimate coach? Well, yes and no. While you’re surely a wealth of information, inspiration, and support to your agents, you know your strengths and weaknesses. Plus, who is coaching you? Even the brightest stars benefit from good coaching.
So, as you consider a real estate coach for you and your team, remember to look for these 10 winning plays:
- An effective real estate coach has a proven track record. They are real estate veterans, with a proven track record of results and a sparkling reputation within the industry. But these things are just the tip of the iceberg. A really effective real estate coach has the chops to break down and communicate their successes to another person.
- An effective real estate coach knows how to listen. They will ask questions to truly understand your goals and objectives. After they take it all in, they can put it all out in a customized coaching plan designed for you and your brokerage. A one-size-fits-all approach is counterproductive to coaching.
- An effective real estate coach is passionate. Together, you and your coach can work to create initiatives that build confidence and identify the tools and skills you need to succeed.
- An effective real estate coach helps strengthen your foundation. Vince Lombardi, one of the most famous football coaches of all time, always started training camps the same way. With the ball in hand, he would say to the players: This is a football. He took nothing for granted and always believed in a tradition of starting from scratch. An effective real estate coach will work with you to bolster your knowledge of best practices and fundamental strategies.
- An effective real estate coach tells you the truth. Objective advice, which can sometimes be hard to swallow, is a real gift. Having someone who can identify weaknesses that may get in the way of your success is also a gift.
- An effective real estate coach helps you tap into your data. They can leverage data to monitor performance to identify areas of improvement and reinforce positive behaviors. It’s all about connecting the dots.
- An effective real estate coach is consistent. They can provide structure to help you stay on point with the steps you need to take to reach your goals.
- An effective real estate coach makes you feel something. Excited, challenged, motivated, inspired — these are just a few emotions that can help you to be action-oriented.
- An effective real estate coach focuses on “you” in the realm of “we.” Bill Scavone, President, Weichert, Realtors®, Weichert Real Estate Affiliates, Inc., often says, “There’s a ‘we’ in Weichert.” Individual growth is great, but teamwork is even better.
- An effective real estate coach celebrates your wins. When you score big, so does everyone else on the team. An effective coach will take each milestone that you reach and build on it for your next tier of success.
At Weichert, we can’t speak enough about the importance of coaching. Some franchise models offer coaching as an “add-on” service, requiring franchisees to pay by the hour if they want coaching support. At Weichert, we assign you a business coach from day one and access to them is included with affiliation. That’s how important it is to us. Your business coach will pull up alongside you, seek to understand your goals whatever they may be, and then work with you to achieve those goals.
Want to learn more about how Weichert can help your business grow and thrive? Ask us about our best-in-class real estate coaching. We won’t say a word about football. (Unless you bring it up.)